CIRL Home Events
CIRL Home Events
Workshop with David Weston
5 October 2021
David will give a workshop with the title ‘School Improvement through People Development’.
The Teaching and Learning Summit
Eton College – Summer 2021 TBC
The Teaching & Learning Summit is a CPD conference hosted by InnerDrive and Eton College covering some of the latest and most pertinent topics in education. It is perfect for any education professional who is curious about the latest research, searching for new classroom or learning strategies, or simply looking to be inspired before the next school year. We have been very fortunate to have attracted some excellent speakers who are all leading experts and thinkers in their fields. The day is being run not for profit and subsidised tickets are available.
Character Education Conference: Theories, Practices, Processes
13 November 2019
A joint one day conference by The Tony Little Cetnre and BrainCanDo held at Dorney Lake.
The Role of Research in Schools’: Symposium held at Eton College
4th July 2016
This invitation-only event was attended by some sixty delegates from research-engaged state and independent schools, Further Education colleges, and Higher Education colleges. There were seven speakers, including some of the UK’s leading experts who spoke about the uses of research in schools.
1. The role of research in schools
- Introductions: The Head Master and Jonnie Noakes, Director of the Tony Little Centre for Innovation and Research in Learning
- Working methods and overview of research in schools: Professor Bill Lucas (from 07:28)
- Discussion (from 34:20)
2. Engaging with research
- Evidence-based teaching: Mr Geoff Petty
- Using research to improve practice: Ms Philippa Cordingley (from 22:05)
- The role of professional learning communities in evidence-informed practice: Professor Louise Stoll (from 43:20)
- Discussion (from 01:04:50)
3. Engaging in research
- Improving education through measuring impact: Professor Rob Coe
- The embedded researcher model: Ms Laela Adamson (from 22:20)
- The complexities and potential pitfalls of school-based research: Dr Gary Jones (from 42:35)
- Discussion (from 1:00:00)